Sunday 23 June 2013

Gingerlillytea photography




















Today, i wanted to talk a little about myself. As well as being a mother and a wife, i have my own photography business. At the moment, i have put it on hold until the girls are a bit bigger so i can spend all my time with them. It is still such a huge part of me though and i do love to come back to it every now and then. I am still photographing personal projects. I love to be creative and i still need to have that where i not forgetting myself and what i love whilst still trying to bring the girls up the best way i can. It is a struggle and some days i really want to throw myself back into photography and book clients but i struggle a lot with guilt and i know that i have years to do my own work. The girls are only going to be this small once and i need to be selfless now and dedicate everything i can to them. 

I am so lucky that i have had many magazine features of my work and i even bought a book out on blurb with some of my work in. I have an etsy shop and a society 6 shop also. My work is quite unique. I am a dreamer with a huge imagination and i like to channel that childhood innocence in my work and draw on childhood memories to bring out in my photographs. I do a lot of self portraits using a tripod and remote.

I love looking back through my work and remember what memories and ideas i drew upon to create certain pieces. I have note books full of ideas that eventually i will get around to doing. I actually started this blog as a way to showcase my work and then i decided to change it into more of a personal, family style blog. I talk about the girls a lot on my blog and i don't really share too much about myself, so today, i wanted to share this part of me. I hope you like the photographs and i can promise that by the end of summer, there will be more photostories for me to share with you.






Share:

20 comments

  1. I remember when I first found your photography via Flickr, I absolutely adored it back then and I still do. I think it's because it is just so beautiful and it just makes me smile looking at your photos. You are an amazing photographer and I wish you the best of luck with your photography business!

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It means a lot that you have continued to follow me. Thank you thank you. xxxxxx

      Delete
  2. Love your photos - I would buy them all if I was that rich!
    Love you too darling. XXX
    Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your photos. You make me want to go running through a field barefoot with flowers in my hair and wings on my back. I studied theatre wit modules in photography and film at uni, and just think your photos really speak and tell a story in such a beautiful way.
    And when my girl is a big bigger I'm definitely going to get you to take some photos of my little fairy, in fact I might even get in on the action and be a fairy with her!!! ;) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment made me smile. I think i should do a little shoot with you as a fairy. I did a fairy shoot in a meadow one evening with my fairy wings. I walked all the way there and when i got there, there were two men just sitting right by where i wanted to shoot. I panicked a little and didn't know what to do but then thought, i walked all the way there so i was going to do my shoot. I put on my fairy wings, set up my tripod and just flounced around ;) they must have thought i was crazy but i got my shots and i gave them a giggle, i am sure! x

      Delete
    2. Awww, I would love to flounce around like a fairy. I could even get my pointe shoes on and do a bit of crazy outdoor ballet.... with wings.... and flowers in my hair. I can see it already!
      I love the idea of you giving two men a giggle by running around in a meadow taking photos while they just sat there. The stuff we do for our art hey? I ran around the town centre in a princess dress for a performance piece once at uni, people thought I was crackers but it was really liberating. x

      Delete
  4. Interesting Post! Thanks for your sharing. I am sure I will recommend your blog to all of my friend. Recently I have done some research on baby stroller. I would like to invite you and your friend to visit my blog at http://1newbornbabyclothing.blogspot.com/ if you are interested in it. Thank you so much!

    http://www.1newbornbabyclothing.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photography is just so so so so so beautiful lovely. SOOOOOO beautiful. There I think I emphasised my point enough! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, you are wonderful! I cannot wait to meet you and us to shoot the little ones together. It will be lovely x

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed this photostory, every single one is beautiful. Very whimsical.

    xo Natasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasha, that is so lovely of you. I am so glad you love them, it makes me smile to know others love what i do x

      Delete
  7. This pictures are so beautiful. They remind me of my wedding, take a peek:

    http://elsieflannigan.blogspot.ca/2006/12/5-years-ago-today.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you very much. That is a wonderful photograph of you getting married. Me and my hsuband are celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary this sunday x

      Delete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous photos. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your photography is amazing lovely as I have told you before. I would love for you to photograph my girls and as we live not too far away from each other I totally think we should make this happen one day! We would have so much fun x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photography is absolutely stunning! I have pinned a few on my Pinterest account with your credits! Love love love! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are amazing! Could you please tell me the secret how you make them to look so dreamy?
    love mik

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

© Gingerlillytea | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig